Sunday, December 29, 2013

Happy Holidays!

It's been a great holiday week together! 
We've been staying at Luke and Leanna's apartment while they are in Colorado. 
We've been staying busy going to the clinic almost everyday. 
We went to Waco to spent Christmas with my Grammie, aunt & uncle, cousins and a whole lot of my cousins' kiddos. It was a very merry time with family. 
We ate yummy Korean food last night at a fancy place called Il Song garden. It was a fun date night. 
Tyler is quite the runner now! He is very disciplined with his half marathon training. He has been running out at the clinic property while I have my treatments. He ran 7 miles today, which is about 22 laps around the looped road! I'm so proud of him. 
We've been invited to a poker party for New Year's Eve at Michele's house. Looking forward to saying adios to 2013. Bleh. What a year. 
I've really turned a corner with how much better I am doing. I've noticed a big change in my energy level and how much better my back is doing. I am no longer disabled. I can help carry in all of our stuff when we move from place to place. I can stand and have conversations without my back locking up. Up until today, I have only been able to walk a third of the way around the loop at the clinic. Today I walked a full lap! It's only ~.33 miles but it's still a huge milestone! My energy levels are exponentially greater. I can go and go all day. It's crazy to remember how horribly fatigued I used to be. I am able to travel, it was a big deal for me to make the trip to Waco! It's taken 3 months to get to this point! I take nothing for granted. I was filled with such gratitude to be able to take a 1/3 mile stroll with my Tomtom. There are so many little things I have been too sick to do for years now and I celebrate every little achievement on this road to wellness. 
I'm still detoxing. I still feel like I have a mild flu most of the time. I've had a flare up if headaches this week. I've had a couple nights of insomnia this week. I have pain and soreness in my ribs near my liver. It's all still bearable though. 
We are so grateful for all the support and generous Christmas presents from friends and family. I have my next hyberbaric treatment tomorrow!

Christmas fun with my cousins' kids:
Digging into some yummy kim chi pancake:
Too much food, lol:
Tyler cooling down after his 7 mi run today:
My fortune cookie fortune, very applicable!! Excited to ring in a new year full of positivity and gratitude!




2 comments:

  1. So great to hear of your progress! And of Tyler's running regiment! I pray that 2014 will be a good year for all. Huck sends many licks and jumps your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is wonderful to see your health returning. i admire your hope and spunk!

    ReplyDelete

Hello-- thanks for commenting, I love hearing from you! If you would be so kind as to include your first name or initials in your comment (if you are posting anonymously) so I know who you are, that would be grrrreat! :)