Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's a go!

A lot has happened this past week! I heard back from the clinic and they guaranteed they can cure my headaches. My first appointment is Tues Oct 8. That appointment will take a few hours and then I will have to go to the clinic everyday for 3-5 days for a couple hours then I will hopefully only have to go in every other day.

We will begin driving Fri Oct 4. Once we arrive, we're going to stay in a motel for the first week. Tyler is staying till the weekend to get me moved in and settled and go with me to the first onslaught of appointments and testing. He'll fly home to GA and leave me with the car and the Tomtom. Then my mom is coming the following week.

Luke found Tomtom and I a place to stay. I'm going to be renting a room from a woman from church.  She is very gracious and generous to have a stranger with a dog moving into her house for a yet-to-be-determined amount of time!!

Huck is going to VA to stay with Tyler's parents while I'm in Texas (THANK YOU, Tim, Sue, Benji + Buddy!). This is a huge stress relief because I know he will be safe and happy romping around in their big fenced in yard. It also saves us hundreds of dollars in boarding costs!

I'm most nervous about being away from home. I hate to be away from Tyler for such a long time. Thankfully I will have my lil Tomtom with me.

I am so grateful for the support we received from family and friends. It has taken a team to make this trip happen for me. Thank you all for rooting for my success :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily, I really hope you get the permanent resolve you need and deserve! Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete

Hello-- thanks for commenting, I love hearing from you! If you would be so kind as to include your first name or initials in your comment (if you are posting anonymously) so I know who you are, that would be grrrreat! :)